Inflamed or swollen veins in the anal area are referred to as hemorrhoids. They are characterized by external and internal protrusions and can have symptoms like pain, itching and might even bleed too. Although they are a common problem, talking about them is not that easy. Fortunately, there are home remedies available for common illnesses like hemorrhoids. Essential oils for hemorrhoids are a simple and natural treatment method. Follow these steps and you will be able to regain your pain-free and healthy lifestyle in a short period of time.
Benefits of Using Essential Oils to Treat Hemorrhoids
The following are some of the ways in which the essential oils can help you out:
- They shrink the blood vessels that have swollen and restore them to their normal size and can minimize the swelling of the surrounding tissue as well.
- They alleviate the pain, itching and the burning.
- They seal the cut and put an end to the bleeding.
- They boost the supply of blood to the anal canal, thereby preventing the growth of chronic hemorrhoids.
- Essential oils that can be used for hemorrhoids are rich in anti-infective and anti-inflammatory agents, vitamins and enzymes. They are safe to use, act quickly and can easily be absorbed by the anal skin.
How to Use Essential Oils for Hemorrhoids
- Lavender Oil
Lavender oil is an essential oil for hemorrhoids that can be used in many ways for treating this most common ailment at home. It's very effective to fasten skin healing.
- You can make an oily mixture by mixing lavender oil with juniper oil or jasper oil and apply it on the inflamed blood vessels in your anal area. This can help you in alleviating your pain in a natural manner. Sweet almond or apricot can be used as a carrier for this excellent pain relieving oil mixture.
- A balm can be made by mixing geranium oil with lavender oil and then applied directly to the inflamed area of your bum.
- For relieving the itchiness and pain symptoms, lavender oil can be added to warm water which could then be used for a sits bath.
- Cypress Oil
Cypress is also among the essential oils that are used for treating hemorrhoids at home because it soothes broken skin. It can be applied on the hemorrhoids that have been bleeding.
- Cypress oil can be mixed with lemon juice and base oil to form a diluted form of this oil. This diluted oil can then be applied directly to the inflamed vessels in your bum.
- Cypress oil can be mixed into the water that you are going to use for your sits bath.
- Witch Hazel
As for essential oils for hemorrhoids, you should never miss out witch hazel. It works great for easing the bleeding, pain, itching and swelling of hemorrhoids. Purchase witch hazel in the form of astringent liquid and a tub of baby wipes. Pour out the witch hazel onto brand new baby wipes. Make sure that you saturate the wipes completely with the witch hazel by pouring it on individual wipes after separating each individual section. Use these wipes to wipe the inflamed vessels of your bum. The baby wipes must be used in a similar way as tissue paper is used for wiping the bum. Make use of the wipes until the hemorrhoids get cured,
- Peppermint Oil and Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil can help in reducing the bleeding hemorrhoids and soothing the pain in them. First, prepare tea tree oil mixture. In order to dilute tea tree oil, it is best to mix six drops of the tree oil into one tablespoon of olive oil. The mixture might still smell very strong but won’t irritate the skin too much.
Then add peppermint oil (4-6 drops) into a sitz bath rather than applying it directly on the affected area. While remaining in the bathtub, clean the area using a clean rag dipped in warm water for removing any debris that is present on the sores. After taking the bath, apply the tea tree oil mixture onto the affected area using a cotton ball.
- Other Essential Oils You Should Try
There are a number of other essential oils for hemorrhoids that can be used for treating this ailment at home.
- Avocado oil is one of the oil that is ideal for treating hemorrhoids as it is touted to have deep tissue absorption and emollient properties. It moisturizes and soothes inflammation when it is applied in and around the anus.
- Chamomile oil is also used for reducing pain and soothing the irritating skin. It can also be applied directly to the affected areas.
- Evening primrose oil and rue oil are also among the essential oils that are that are known for reducing the pain, itching and inflammation associated with the hemorrhoids. Rue oil in particular is a very famous natural remedy for hemorrhoids which is known for strengthening veins on the anal canal.
- Sesame seed oil is an anti-inflammatory agent and is known to have antioxidant properties too owing to the presence of Vitamin E. It offers quick relief to the pain associated with hemorrhoids because of its ability to penetrate skin tissues easily.
- Olive oil too has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and helps in boosting the elasticity of the blood vessels of the anal canal. This helps in reducing their swelling and shrinking their size.
- Dill oil is also one of the essential oil that is considered to be a natural remedy for treating hemorrhoids. Since this oil is very potent, it has to be diluted by mixing few drops of it with a tablespoon of base oil. This diluted oil can then be applied to the sensitive areas for reducing the stinging pain.
- Frankincense is another natural remedy suggested for the treatment of hemorrhoids. Mix two tbsp. of liquid lanolin with 2 to 3 drops of Frankincense and then massage it on the affected areas of your inflamed bum.
Click here to learn more effective treatments for hemorrhoids.